2019-2020 BAND AND ORCHESTRA PLACEMENT AUDITIONS
All Lakewood High School band students will audition for placement in to the Wind Ensemble or the Symphonic Band.
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019
1) Scales - Play two octave scale as marked on the music.
2) Chromatic Scale - Full range of the instrument
3) Excerpt - Play the required excerpts linked below.
All current LHS students and interested 8th graders will audition for the Advanced Percussion Ensemble and the Intermediate Percussion Ensemble.
1) Scales - Students should be prepared to play all 12 major scales as written in the audition packet. Two scales will be selected at random for each student. Students will also need to play one melodic minor scale of their choice.
3) Required Etude - ALL students will play the required etude for Snare Drum and Mallets.
Percussion Audition Music
All Lakewood High School orchestra students will audition for placement in to the Concert, Symphonic, or Chamber Orchestra.
Wednesday, March 20th, 2019
1) Scales - Scales are notated on the excerpts for each group. Symphonic kids only need to play he Symphonic Scale. Chamber kids play both.
2) Required Etude - ALL students will play the required etude for their instrument.
3) Chamber Audition - Required for all students interested in auditioning for the Chamber Orchestra.